Fire Department Homepage
Overview & Services
The Kent Fire and EMS Department aims to protect the community, citizens, and property. The department offers the following services and education:
- Fire suppression and rescue
- Search and Rescue Team
- Hazardous Materials Response Team
- Dive Rescue Team
- Fire safety education programs
- Fire safety and building code inspections
Fire Inspections are completed by the Fire Prevention Bureau, which is staffed by Lieutenant Vince Yost.
The Bureau is open Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm and is charged with the plan review and acceptance testing for all new buildings in the City.
To schedule a fire inspection, please call the Fire Prevention Bureau via the contacts below:
- Lt. Vince Yost:
- Phone: 330-676-7390
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lt. Shawn Baynes:
- Phone: 330-676-7389
- Email: email@example.com
- Franklin Township Inspector Richard Smith:
- Phone. 330-676-7391
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Self help checklist for business owners.
The Kent Fire Department contracts with a third party ambulance billing agency for all of our EMS billing. For questions or concerns regarding your bill please call;
Life Force Management at 330.626.5450 or 1.800.770.4767
The City of Kent allows for recreational fires that adhere to our regulations. Below are the regulations.
For Residents of Franklin Township, the recreational fire regulations adhere to the Ohio Revised Code.
What is Knox Box?
A Knox Box is a secured lock box that is mounted to your home or business that allows the Fire Department to access your home or business in an emergency. The keys used to obtain access to the Knox Box are secured in a lock vault in each of our Fire Department vehicles. Each member of the Fire Department has an individual code to access the keys during emergency operations. Access can be tracked by a computer program to ensure citizen safety.
Trusted by thousands of fire agencies for over 40 years, Knox Rapid Access Solutions have provided first responders with immediate access into secure buildings, campuses, residences and commercial properties when it matters most. Removing barriers to entry reduces injuries to responders and minimizes property damage.
Commercial Knox Boxes
Knox Box for businesses can choose from different sizes and security measures. Features include storing up to 50 keys, access cards, or entry items and alarm options. See full options on the Knox Box website commercial.
Residential Knox Boxes
Knox Box for residence can choose from different mounting options and colors. Features include storing up to 2 keys and alarm options. See full options on the Knox Box website residential.
Community Paramedicine Provider is in collaboration with the Kent City Health Department. A CPP is a paramedic or a registered nurse who works to increase access to primary and preventative care and increase the quality of life for the residents in Kent Community.
- Mission Statement: To provide compassionate quality care and service built around the needs of the patients and communities we serve through effective partnerships.
- Types of services:
- Assess home safety hazards
- Provide health assessment and monitoring for chronic disease
- Coordinate health services
- Determine need for and provide referrals to community resources
- Educating on proper use of health care resources
- Provide organization of new or current medications
- Educating on identifying health care goals