Public Health Nuisances

The Kent City Health Department is responsible for investigating public health nuisances. Requests for service are investigated to eliminate or reduce environmental conditions that may adversely affect human health, safety, or well-being in the City of Kent such as trash, housing maintenance issues at licensed dwellings, or with food service.

Public Service Request Process

For building code and housing maintenance issues at unlicensed properties in the City of Kent or at properties in the City of Kent licensed through Community Development's Building Division, please email Code Enforcement Officer Paul Bauer, email Code Enforcement Officer Eric Helmstedter, or call 330-678-8107.

Tenants residing in licensed dwellings should submit a written work order to their landlord first; then, file a service request (see below options) if the issue is not resolved per the City of Kent's Environmental Health and Housing Maintenance Code (PDF).

In order for public health nuisances to be investigated, it is the Department's policy that a service request be submitted in writing to the Health Department for an investigation to be initiated.

Filing a Public Service Request with the Kent City Health Department


Complete and submit our online Service Request Intake Form.

In Person

Complete the Service Request Intake Form (PDF) and bring it to our office at:
Kent Central Gateway 2nd Floor
201 E. Erie Street
Kent, OH 44240

By Mail

Complete the Service Request Intake Form (PDF) and mail it to:
Kent City Health Department
201-G E. Erie St.
Kent, OH 44240


Complete the Service Request Intake Service Request Intake Form (PDF) and fax it to 330-678-2082.


Public health nuisances are enforced through the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 3707, Board of Health.